Childline provides children with access to protection, health, and social services in Thailand. During the needs assessment it was determined a crucial need for Childline was to transfer their paper-based case management system to a digitalized one to ensure timely delivery of services provided to children in need.
Project scoping and design
After discussing ChildLine`s needs, the benefits of and obstacles to deliver the work, we scope a project to implement a case management system divided into four phases 1) work process documentation 2) requirements to technology mapping 3) case management system development 4) System testing and training.
Project resource matching
We engaged a volunteer from one of our corporate engagement services who was the dedicated skilled volunteer on the project and had experience in software implementation.
With the help of the skilled volunteer we helped Childline map their workflows, mirror their processes on a digital system, and assisted with further customization of the case management system to better fit the organization’s needs.
Monitor / Evaluate / Learn
We continue to monitor and provide further assistance related to the project and we are seeing the following outcomes:
- Better and more timely services provided to children in need
- Significant reduction in time needed for employees to perform tasks related to case management which could be allocated to other critical tasks
- Increased capacity in number of cases that can be handled
- Allows Childline to meet new reporting standards outlined by the Third Optional Protocol under the UN CRC
- Reliable system that will better protect sensitive case information